Recipe by truebrit
This is another dessert that I've baked upteen times over the years! I originally found this on a Great American Recipe card. These cheesecake cookies are delicious and quick to make. I often prepare them for potlucks and family gatherings. They never last long!
Top Review by TasteTester
We loved the taste of your cheesecake filling; however, I felt there wasn't enough of the filling, so next time I'll double the amount of the filling. I also used less of the crumbs on top, as others suggested. Thanks for this recipe!
- 78.07 ml brown sugar
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml finely chopped walnuts
- 59.16 ml melted butter or 59.16 ml margarine
- 226.79 g package cream cheese
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml sour cream
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and walnuts.
- Mix in the melted butter until crumbly.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of crumbs for top.
- Press remainder evenly in a 8" x 8" pan, and bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes.
- For filling, beat the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, sour cream, vanilla and egg until creamy.
- Pour into the baked crust, and sprinkle with remaining crumbs.
- Bake at 350F for about 30 minutes.
- When cool, cut into 2" squares.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Optional: for extra color, decorate with strawberry halves.