Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is another dessert that I've baked upteen times over the years! I originally found this on a Great American Recipe card. These cheesecake cookies are delicious and quick to make. I often prepare them for potlucks and family gatherings. They never last long!
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and walnuts.
- Mix in the melted butter until crumbly.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of crumbs for top.
- Press remainder evenly in a 8" x 8" pan, and bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes.
- For filling, beat the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, sour cream, vanilla and egg until creamy.
- Pour into the baked crust, and sprinkle with remaining crumbs.
- Bake at 350F for about 30 minutes.
- When cool, cut into 2" squares.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Optional: for extra color, decorate with strawberry halves.
We loved the taste of your cheesecake filling; however, I felt there wasn't enough of the filling, so next time I'll double the amount of the filling. I also used less of the crumbs on top, as others suggested. Thanks for this recipe!
I made this recipe on 10/27/10 for the " October Is Dessert Month "event in the Cooking Photo Forum. I did follow some of the other reviewers suggestions,I made double the cheesecake part of this recipe. Instead of using flour for the crust, crushed graham crackers were used.After baking for 30 minutes, the filling was a bit more on the " jiggly " side than it should have been. I think letting it sit in the oven for about 10 minutes after cutting off the heat should do the trick. My SO didn't seem to like the walnuts in the crust, so they will be left out the next time. We both enjoyed the taste of the filling very much. Thank you for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "