Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
I haven't tried these yet, but I'm putting the recipe here for safe keeping. They sound really good, and I think I'll be making them for the holidays. Prep time includes chilling time.
- In a bowl, beat the butter and the cream cheese.
- Add the sugar, lemon peel, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Beat in the flour.
- Divide dough into two portions, then cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Shape each portion of dough into 8-inch long rolls.
- Combine chopped nuts and graham cracker crumbs on a large piece of waxed paper.
- Roll the 2 dough rolls in this mixture, being sure to coat well.
- Wrap each roll in the waxed paper chill for at least 2 hours.
- Cut dough into 1/4 in slices, place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool on racks.
These were scrumptious cookies! I used margerine spread instead of butter and Neufchatel cheese instead of cream cheese to lighten it up and it turned out fine. They do taste a lot like cheesecake when they're warm. Great recipe!
This is a great cookie, it is not a real sweet one. When it cools it is a real crisp cookie.