Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Not sure where we got this recipe but it was included in the Recipe Book we gave out at our wedding in 2008 as our bonbonniere.
- 125 g butter, chopped
- 125 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 250 g cream cheese, chopped, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar
- cocoa, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180°C Lightly grease and line an 18cm x 28cm slice pan.
- Combine butter, chocolate and brown sugar in a medium saucepan. Stir over low heat until smooth and sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly. Whisk in eggs. Sift in flour, cocoa and baking powder together. Fold into chocolate mixture. Pour into prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and caster sugar together until smooth. Dollop cheese mixture over chocolate mixture and swirl with a skewer.
- Bake for 35-40mins, until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in pan. Cut into squares.