Prep 20 mins
Cook 32 mins
I got this out of a magazine in 1997 but I don't know which one. They sound so delicious I hope I get around to making them soon!
For chocolate batter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
For cheesecake filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet chocolate piece
- For chocolate batter: Melt the unsweetened chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat. Stir in the 1 1/3 cups sugar and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla. Cool 15 minutes. Beat in the 3 eggs and the 3/4 cup flour.
- For cheesecake filling: Combine cream cheese, the 1/3 cup sugar, 1 egg, 4 teaspoons flour, and 1/4 teaspoons vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- Grease an 8x8x2-inch baking pan. Spread two-thirds of the chocolate batter in the pan. Spoon cheesecake filling over batter. Dollop with remaining chocolate batter.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with chocolate pieces. Bake for 12 minutes more. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares. Store in air tight container in the refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.