Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Why is it when someone else bakes, food tastes so much better? A friend of mine brought this to a get together. She found it on the back of the butterscotch chip bag. Plan ahead so this has time to chill thoroughly. It is best when it is very cold!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup butterscotch chips
- 5 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Melt butter and butterscotch chips together in large microwaveable bowl.
- Add graham cracker crumbs.
- Mix well.
- Save 1/2 cup for topping.
- Press rest into ungreased 8 inch square pan.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Mix Cream cheese, sugar, eggs, flour and lemon juice together, using a heavy duty wisk or electric mixer.
- ( I beat the cream cheese first to make sure it is smoothe before I add the other ingredients.).
- Spread over hot crust.
- Top with 1/2 cup reserved crumbs.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350°. Cool.
- I would make the night before or early in day and put it in the refridgerator so it is very cold.
These are sooo good. I love the butterscotch flavor to them. I took them to a potluck and everyone enjoyed them too.