Recipe by Kim D.
I found this recipe last week in the Houston Chronicle. It was originally submitted by Audrey Earley of Sugarland, Texas. I made it this weekend and my whole family raved over it!
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray, such as Pam.
- For crust and topping, cream butter and brown sugar; Add flour and mix.
- Stir in pecans.
- Set aside 1 cup of mixture for topping.
- Press remaining mixture into baking pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, blend granulated sugar and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add egg, milk, lemon juice and vanilla extract; Beat well.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over crust and sprinkle with reserved topping.
- Return to oven and bake 25 minutes more.
- Cool, then chill and cut into triangles or squares.
- Keep refrigerated.
- ~NOTE~Recipe can be doubled and baked in a 9X13-inch pan.