Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A friend at my school always bakes these and everyone absolutely loves them. She even gives them away as presents, they're so good! I got the recipe as a Christmas present and wanted to share it!
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1 lb powdered sugar, minus 1/2 cup
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar (for sprinkling)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together butter, cake mix, and 1 egg. After they form a crumbly dough, press into a greased 13 by 9 inch container.
- Mix together 2 eggs, cream cheese, and the box of powdered sugar minus 1/2 cup. Pour this mixture over the bottom layer.
- Put the container into the over n and bake approximately 40-45 minutes [or when top layer is only slightly gooey].
- Take out the container and let cool. Sprinkle the 1/2 cup powdered sugar over it.
- Cut into pieces and enjoy!