Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I had a almost full bottle of Limoncello in my refrigerator and I wanted to use some of it up. I love cheesecake so while searching the web I found this one on recipegoldmine.com. Very good! Lemoncello is an italian lemon liqueur.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla wafer
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 32 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup limoncello
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon limoncello
- Crust: Crumb the cookies, mix with the graham cracker crumbs and melt butter and press the mixture in the bottom and about an inch up the sides of a 9 1/2-inch springform pan.
- Batter: Beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time without excessive beating to avoid removing the air, followed by mixing in the remaining batter ingredients.
- Pour into the pan and bake at 350F for about an hour or until the center of the surface is somewhat solid.
- Remove from the oven and let rest 10 minutes.
- Topping: Mix together the sour cream, sugar and limoncello and spread evenly over the top.
- Bake another 10 minutes; remove and let cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate at least 12 hours before serving.
Scrumptious! I made this for a birthday dessert and it didn't disappoint. Lovely texture and creaminess. I followed the cheesecake part of the recipe because I didn't have wafers in stock. I used a traditional graham cracker crust recipe plus some toasted ground almonds. I also didn't have the 2 c. of sour cream needed for the topping in this recipe so I used a limoncello sauce from another recipe (babygirl65) and I really liked it. But next time I'll have the sour cream, I bet it makes it even more luscious. So basically don't let a few missing ingredients keep you from trying a truly wonderful dessert. Thanks for sharing!
Great recipe! Here is what I did for a busy summer weekend: I bought two ready made graham cracker crusts and divided the filling and topping (and still had enough for 12 mini muffin sized cheesecakes.) I took the cheesecakes to two different functions and had the minis to keep at home. I will definitely make this again, maybe as full size as indicated for a holiday gathering. Thanks for sharing!
I love Cheesecake, and this one is beyond FABULOUS!!!! A real crowd pleaser. Very rich, very moist....simply to die for!!! Thank you so much for sharing this *Keeper* recipe. I will definitely make again and again. Made with Recipe#194126. (Made for Bevy Tag 08)