Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
A dear friend gave me this recipe and I have made it countless times. Easy to make and is just a wonderful dessert. I top it with cherry pie filling or fresh strawberries.
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted margarine
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup egg (2 large or 3 medium)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- cherry pie filling (or topping of choice)
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and melted margarine.
- Press into bottom of 9" springform pan.
- Combine softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, eggs and 3/4 teaspoon vanilla.
- Blend until smooth and pour over crust.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sour cream, 1/2 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Blend well.
- Spread over cream cheese layer and bake for 10 minutes at 475 degrees.
- Cool at least 5 hours or overnight in refrigerator.
- Top with cherries or desired topping.
Have been using this recipe now for years! The only substitution that I make is using real butter instead of margarine! I always get raves! This year I bought blueberries to go in the center on whipped cream with cherry pie filling around them for a "Fourth of July" theme!
Loved the crust and the middle but next time Im not gonna use sour cream thanks!
This was great. I like the idea about using gingersnaps and will try that next time. I didn't have any fruit to top it, but it's delicious anyway. thanks for sharing!