Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Nigella Lawson's version of a London style cheesecake -- rich, dense and unbelievably delicious. The water bath keeps it creamy.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line outside of a 9 inch springform pan with double layer of aluminum foil (to prevent leaks).
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter.
- Press into bottom of the springform pan.
- In large bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar.
- Beat well.
- Stir in eggs and egg yolks.
- Stir in lemon juice and vanilla.
- Pour cheese mixture over graham cracker crust.
- Set springform pan in a large roasting pan.
- Pour hot water into the roasting pan so it comes about halfway up the side of the springform pan.
- Place in oven and bake for 50 minutes.
- Mix sour cream, sugar and vanilla and spread over baked cheesecake.
- Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Remove sides of springform pan.
This was very good. Not quite as dense as I like, but very creamy. Also not as sweet as I prefer. However, it was easy to make. I got mixed reviews on the sour cream top layer.
This was a really great recipe! I normally use one for my larger springform pan and needed a smaller volume recipe for the small pan. I used 3 8oz packs of cream cheese (didn't want to waste the remaining 4 oz), 1/8 c. of sour cream and 1 tsp of lemon zest in the batter with no problems. When I remove the pan from the oven I let it rest for about 20 min and then use a very thin knife to run along the sides of the pan just in case any of the batter baked to the sides so there is no pulling that may cause a crack during the remaining cooling period. I gave this as a gift at Easter and I got hugs, thumbs up and requests for more so I think this is in the Cheesecake rotation and moves to my "Recipezaar All Star" cookbook:)