Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I adapted this recipe from several over the years. My DH loves a very rich cheese cake and this one definately qualifies.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs, well-beaten
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine first four ingredients. Press into bottom and sides of a 9" spring form pan
- Put eggs, cream cheese, sugar, salt and extracts in a mixing bowl. Blend with mixer until smooth.
- Add sour cream to cream chees mixture. Blend well.
- Pour mixture into crumb lined pan.
- Put a pan of water in bottom of the oven. Bake cheese cake for 1 hour.
- When cake has cooled, chill for several hours and serve with cherry or strawberries if desired.
This cheesecake is UH-mazing! This is the way cheesecake is supposed to taste.
If you like a rich desert, this is it. It was fairly easy to make and prepare, but it was tasty, but the cooking time only was 45 minutes. I used cashews instead of walnuts, , that's all I had.