Recipe by Tabbiann82
OMG, this is the best cheesecake I have ever eaten! I stumbled across this recipe when my husband's birthday rolled around and he wanted a cheesecake instead of a regular cake. He refuses to eat anyone's cheesecake ever since and now we have to eat it at least once a month, because no one can wait for his birthday to eat cheesecake! The best part is the cream cheese taste you get with only ONE pack of cream cheese, when most recipes call for 3-6 packs and you still don't taste cream cheese in it. Please try it, you won't be sorry!!
- 1 graham cracker crust
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix softened cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar together.
- Blend eggs in, one at a time.
- Add 1 tsp vanilla to cream cheese mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Pour into pie shell and bake at 250° for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- With about 10 minutes left for the cheesecake in the oven, mix sour cream, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla in bowl.
- When cheesecake is done in oven, let set for about 5 minutes then smooth sour cream mixture over the top of the baked pie.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes at 250°.
- Cool and enjoy! (Top with fruit, if desired).