I tried to make cheesecake several times.And ultimately came to this recipe.I took some hints from the food network .Here is my final recipe.I bet you you will always get a good cheesecake following this recipe.Just try once.
- The top 4 ingredients are for the CRUST.
- The last & ingredients are for the FILLING.
- Preheat oven to 300 degree F.Brush some of the melted butter around a 9 by 3 inch cake pan.Adhere parchment to the bottom and the sides.
- In a small bowl,combine crumbled graham crackers,the remaining melted butter,and 1 tablespoon of sugar.Press 2/3 of the mixture into the bottom of the parchment lined pan.Place remaining crumbs on a sheet pan and bake both the crust and remaining mixture for 10 minutes.Reserve the additional crumb for sides.
- In a mixer with a paddle attachment ,beat sour cream for 10 seconds.Add the cream cheese and sugar and mix on low for 30 seconds.Scrape the bowl.
- In a separate conatiner ,combine vanilla,eggs,yolks and heavy cream,with the mixer on medium.Slowly pour the liquid mixture in.When half of it is incorporated ,stop and scrape.Continue adding the mixture until the rest of the ingredients are incorporated.Once completely combined ,pour into the cooled crust.Shake the pan a little to get rid of all the bubbles.This will prevent your final product without any cracks.
- Lower temperature to 250 degree F.Place cheese cake into a preheated water bath,in the oven for 1 hour .Turn the oven off and open the door for one minute.Close the door for one more hour with the oven turned off.Remove cheese cake from the water bath and place in the refrigerator for 6 hours to completely cool before serving.
- When ready to serve,place the entire cake pan into a hot water bath for about 15 minutes Unmold onto an cake round or serving dish.Take the remaining graham cracker mixture and press onto the side of the cake.
- To slice,place your knife into a hot water bath and wipe dry each time you make a pass through the cake.
This was incredible!