Recipe by Marie
Have not tried this yet, but it sounds like a great idea. I imagine a large quantity of this could be made and kept warm in the crock pot when you are entertaining guests.
Top Review by newspapergal
We enjoyed this tasty main dish for a casual Super Bowl gathering, but I'm taking a star off b/c the cooking time is all wrong. The meat is already cooked before it goes into the Crock-Pot, and in 6 hours, this would be a burnt mess. I browned the meat and onion, combined the other ingredients in the Crock-Pot, and the cheese was melted within 90 minutes on low - so I then turned it off for a bit before we ate it. I also added about 1/2 Tbsp of montreal steak seasoning, and served on whole-wheat buns with mustard, sliced purple onion and tomato slices.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package Velveeta cheese, diced
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 sandwich buns
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef, salt and pepper until thoroughly cooked.
- In a 3 1/2 to 4 quart crock pot, combine cooked ground beef and all remaining ingredients except buns; mix well.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 6 hours.
- To serve, spoon mixture onto sandwich buns.