Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are just about the most basic, simple hamburger patties you will make. Everyone says I make the best burgers and my secret is KEEP IT SIMPLE!
- Take your ground beef and pat out your patties as thick or as thin as you like. For me its large and thin -- you get more flavor every bite.
- Sprinkle heavily BOTH SIDES of the patties with the fresh ground black pepper, garlic powder and then slightly lighter on the salt, but give it a good enough amount -- maybe a pinch per pattie. You will learn how you like it.
- Charcoal grill is best if you have it. Heat up the charcoals and dump on one side of the grill, leaving the other side clear (no heat). If you have a gas grill light one side.
- Place the patties over indirect heat, on the side of the grill with no charcoals under it. Cook them slow and this way they will absorb the flavor of the grill.
- When you flip them place the cheese on the done side.
- Cook until its melted and your done!