Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe came with my new tart pan...
- 1 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can sloppy joe sandwich sauce
- 1 (8 2/3 ounce) can corn, drained
- 8 slices medium sharp cheddar cheese
- red and yellow bell pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spray the bottom of a 11-in tart pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll out pie crust to 12-inches.
- Press crust into bottom and sides of tart pan; trim edges.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown; remove from ovena nd cool.
- In medium skillet, brown ground beef with onions over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink; drain fat.
- Add seasonings, sauce and corn to ground beef mixture.
- Place four slices of cheese on bottom of baked crust.
- Add meat filling and top with remaining 4 slices of cheese.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Garnish with slices of red and yellow peppers or whole petite peppers, if desired.
This is really delish! I had no rolls for sloppy joe and thought this was a good way to go since I had the pie crust and needed to use it. I didn't use the corn, but put green peppers in with the ground beef and onion. Used swiss on the bottom and mexican blend on top (shredded). Really REALLY good and easy!
Nice weekday meal. I try to stay away from canned, processed food, so I made my own sloppy joe sauce and pie crust. My cheese of choice was sharp white cheddar. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag game. :)