Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
In my kitchen, this recipe developed over ten years, each time I make it different than the last. (Easy to add or change ingredients without changing overall taste.) The secret is the breadcrumbs, adds that special something. Easy to cook, kids love it, and it's one of those foods that somehow tastes even better as leftovers.
- 1 -2 lb ground beef
- garlic powder (to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 medium green pepper (chopped)
- 2 packages kraft macaroni shells and cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2-1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- In large skillet, cook ground beef, onion, and green pepper together, adding garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste,until beef is brown and pepper is tender.
- Drain fat.
- Separately, cook Shells and Cheese as per package instructions.
- In microwave, melt butter (about 30-40 sec.).
- Add bread crumbs, stir until well coated.
- In med.
- casserole dish, LAYER meat and pasta, sprinkling each layer with bread crumbs (be sure to top with bread crumbs.) Bake in oven 350 deg.
- 20-30 minutes.