Recipe by PickyEatersRUs
Use different color peppers to give a fun festive look. My DH really likes this.
Top Review by CooperLover
I am doing weight watchers...I exchanged the ground beef for turkey..didn't add the rice...swapped cheddar cheese for low fat cheese and didn't use the broth... becouse I didn't have it...and topped it with sour cream..The original was 13 points... my version was 7 points.
- 4 medium bell peppers
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup beef broth or 1 cup vegetable broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut peppers in half and remove seeds.
- In a frying pan, cook hamburger and onion until done; drain grease.
- Stir together rest of ingredients and 1 cup of cheese. NOT the broth.
- Spoon into peppers and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cook in greased 13x9-inch dish; pour broth around peppers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.