Thisis from a home economics book. The original recipe called for 10 slices of bread, but I found that less works better for me.
- Brown hamburger and drain.
- Spread the browned meat in the bottom of a 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Spread the cubed bread over the meat.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the bread and meat.
- Combine eggs, milk, mustard and salt thoroughly.
- Pour this mixture in the dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-55 minutes or until center is set.
I made this for 2008 PAC. We weren't sure about it at first; it seemed a little bland. But, borrowing from the name, we added some ketchup and it livened it up nicely. I kept picturing it with fresh chopped toms and some shredded lettuce. I'll try it that way next time. It was certainly a quick one to put together.