Recipe by Ppaperdoll
This combines two of my favorite things: cheeseburger pie, and pasta. It's a real comfort food supper. A Pillsbury recipe.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
I rather enjoyed this recipe. I like finding recipes with unique ingredients & what caught my eye on this one was the addition of pickles with bacon. I had some left-over cooked spaghetti squash so I sub'd it for some of the pasta. I also added some bell peppers & jalapenos with the onions for even more flavour. Fairly easy to prepare & it turned out tasty tasty, thanks for sharing.
- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian-style tomato sauce
- 4 ounces finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 9 dill pickle slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For crust, grease a 10 inch pie pan. Cook vermicelli or spaghetti and drain. In a large bowl, blend together egg and mustard. Add cooked pasta and toss to coat evenly. Spoon pasta mixture into pie plate and push up sides of pan to form a crust.
- Fry ground beef in a skillet, add onion and salt. Cook on medium heat until beef is cooked through. Drain off fat and return to skillet.
- Stir in bacon and tomato sauce. Spoon beef mixture into pasta-lined pan, pushing to edge and almost covering spaghetti sides. Top with 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Top with pickle slices, and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake another 10 to 15 minutes, until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.