Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
Taste of Home, Best recipes of 2012. HAD TO SAVE! Probably be really easy to adapt to a crockpot
Make and share this Cheeseburger Soup Recipe recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 3⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups diced peeled potatoes (1-3/4 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups process cheese, cubed (Velveeta)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup daisy brand sour cream
- •In a 3-qt. saucepan, brown beef; drain and set aside. In the same saucepan, saute the onion, carrots, celery, basil and parsley in 1 tablespoon butter until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Add the broth, potatoes and beef; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- • Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt remaining butter. Add flour; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to soup; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in the cheese, milk, salt and pepper; cook and stir until cheese melts. Remove from the heat; blend in sour cream. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/4 quarts).