Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Wonderful on a cold day.
- 1 lb bacon
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 2 1⁄2 cups celery, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, sliced
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cauliflower, broken up
- 2 cups broccoli, broken up
- 1 lb grated cheese
- 3 cups cream or 3 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Brown hamburger and bacon in 2 different pans, and then set aside.
- In a large pot saute onion, celery, and carrot in butter until tender.
- Then add in basil chicken broth, cauliflower, and broccoli and cook until tender.
- Then add the cheese, cream, salt, and pepper and stir until cheese melts.
- Remove from heat and then add in the sour cream, bacon and hamburger.
this was really good n easy! I will make a double batch next time n freeze individual servings for quick n easy lunches!
This is fantastic! My husband is constantly asking for it. He even invited the entire neighborhood over for a "soup supper" just so I would make it!