Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Nice hearty soup.
Make and share this Cheeseburger Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (26 ounce) bag frozen hash browns
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- Season and brown meat to taste.
- Drain and put into a Dutch oven.
- Add onion, carrots, basil, parsley, broth, and potatoes.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix and melt butter and flour until bubbly.
- Add to soup mixture; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, add cheese, milk, salt and pepper.
- Cook until cheese melts.
- Remove from heat; blend in sour cream.
I had to tweak the recipe a bit for our tastes, but once I did that, this soup was a hit! The recipe, as prepared, is quite bland. Being in the south, we're used to a lot of flavor -- I had to add a lot more seasoning - salt, garlic powder, a teaspoon of chicken bouillon granules - to suit our tastes. Additionally, I used a bit more Velveeta than called for and threw in a handful of grated cheese blend. Once it was complete, it earned a hefty five stars. I'm always sorry to see folks post that a recipe had no flavor, or lacked a particular spice. That's what we do as cooks - we improvise until it suits our tastes!
I was disappointed with this soup. I followed the ingredients and instructions exact.
Soup was bland. I will say there is room for improvement. This did not taste like a cheeseburger at all. It wasn't bad but lacking taste. As the recipe is the soup broth is thick which is good because we like thick soups. I'm sorry.
Awesome! I'll be making this again!