Recipe by Kathy914
Easy and tasty. Got this recipe from a friend and my son, the truly picky eater of the family, loves it and asks for it often. He likes it a little hotter so I usually add an extra jalepeno and only take out about half the seeds.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups cubed potatoes
- 2 small carrots, grated (optional)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped (seed it if you don't want the heat)
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 8 ounces processed cheese (Velveeta or Cheese Whiz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and put aside.
- Place all vegetables in pot with the 1-1/2 cup water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add ground beef and the 2 cups of milk.
- Heat through.
- On side add the 3 Tbs flour to the 1/2 cup milk and mix until no lumps.
- Add to main mixture.
- Add the 8 oz.
- processed cheese (cubed) until melted.