Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
This is a healthy recipe I adapted off of one I already had. Doubles easily and is delicious!
Make and share this Cheeseburger Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 4 cups homemade chicken stock (or no-sodium stock)
- 1 baking potato, peeled and diced
- 3⁄4 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup shredded lettuce (optional)
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced (optional)
- In a small stockpot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the ground beef, onion, carrots and garlic, breaking up meat until brown. Add the spices and flour. Cook another two minutes, stirring often. Slowly add the stock, stirring constantly, then stir in the potato. Bring to a boil and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in the cheese and evaporated milk; cook another 2 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls, and top with the lettuce and tomato.