Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my SIL's recipe. We think it is yummy. Rich and cheesy.
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 177.44 ml chopped onion
- 177.44 ml shredded carrot
- 177.44 ml diced celery
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 4.92 ml dried parsley flakes
- 59.16 ml butter or 59.16 ml margarine, divided
- 709.77 ml chicken broth
- 946.36 ml diced peeled potatoes
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 473.18 ml shredded Velveeta cheese
- 354.88 ml milk
- 3.69 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- In a 3 quart saucepan, brown beef; drain and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, sauté onion, carrots, celery, basil, and parsley in 1 tablespoon butter until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add broth, potatoes, and beef; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in small skillet, melt remaining butter.
- Add flour; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until bubbly.
- Add to soup; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add cheese, milk, salt, and pepper; cook and stir until cheese melts.
- Remove from heat; blend in sour cream.
This soup is so good. I use 1 cup of Velveeta and 1 cup of shredded cheese in this soup, and it still comes out great!
In New Mexico, we add green chile to everything. It was really good in this recipe. Very good soup.
What a delicious soup. I made this for supper tonight. It warmed our tummies. I followed the recipe exactly and it isperfection! My DH loved it (he loves all of NurseDi's recipes.though). I'm taking the rest for our lunch tomorrow.