This is my SIL's recipe. We think it is yummy. Rich and cheesy.
Make and share this Cheeseburger Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 3⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded Velveeta cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- In a 3 quart saucepan, brown beef; drain and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, sauté onion, carrots, celery, basil, and parsley in 1 tablespoon butter until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add broth, potatoes, and beef; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in small skillet, melt remaining butter.
- Add flour; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until bubbly.
- Add to soup; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add cheese, milk, salt, and pepper; cook and stir until cheese melts.
- Remove from heat; blend in sour cream.