1/2 Photos of Cheeseburger Soup
1 hr 10 mins
This is my SIL's recipe. We think it is yummy. Rich and cheesy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup shredded carrot
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded Velveeta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1In a 3 quart saucepan, brown beef; drain and set aside.
- 2In the same saucepan, sauté onion, carrots, celery, basil, and parsley in 1 tablespoon butter until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- 3Add broth, potatoes, and beef; bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 5Meanwhile, in small skillet, melt remaining butter.
- 6Add flour; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until bubbly.
- 7Add to soup; bring to a boil.
- 8Cook and stir 2 minutes.
- 9Reduce heat to low.
- 10Add cheese, milk, salt, and pepper; cook and stir until cheese melts.
- 11Remove from heat; blend in sour cream.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheeseburger Soup
Serving Size: 1 (2596 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1263.0
- Calories from Fat 649
- Total Fat 72.2 g
- Saturated Fat 36.1 g
- Cholesterol 255.8 mg
- Sodium 2542.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 65.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: