Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is so yummy. I have made this and brought it to work. Is there anything better than soup on a cold winter's day?
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups potatoes (cubed)
- 2 small carrots (chopped)
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (1/2 t)
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb hamburger (cooked & drained)
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese (cubed)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 lb bacon (cooked, drained & chopped)
- Bring to a boil: The first 9 Ingredients.
- Reduce heat and cover--simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in: Hamburger and 2 cups of milk.
- Combine: 1/2 cup milk and flour.
- Gradually stir into soup.
- Bring to a boil until thick (stirring occasionally).
- Add the last 3 ingredients.
- When cheese is melted, soup is ready and OH, MY GOSH! Enjoy!
Made for Fall PAC 08: This is delicious soup!! It is easy to put together. I did leave out the green pepper and jalapeno pepper only because I don't like them! But other than those two I followed the recipe. I will make this recipe again. Thank for posting!!
I have to say plainly that this recipe is fricken awesome! I took a chance on it and was very pleasantly surprised. I served this to my family of 8 and they all LOVED it. I omitted the peppers because I didn't have any, and increased the increments to accommodate my crowd. I also added a package of mushrooms. Two thumbs up and I'm positive I'll be serving this at our next church pot blessing - as well as at our house throughout the winter months ahead. Thanks for sharing!