This is so yummy. I have made this and brought it to work. Is there anything better than soup on a cold winter's day?
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups potatoes (cubed)
- 2 small carrots (chopped)
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (1/2 t)
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb hamburger (cooked & drained)
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese (cubed)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 lb bacon (cooked, drained & chopped)
- Bring to a boil: The first 9 Ingredients.
- Reduce heat and cover--simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in: Hamburger and 2 cups of milk.
- Combine: 1/2 cup milk and flour.
- Gradually stir into soup.
- Bring to a boil until thick (stirring occasionally).
- Add the last 3 ingredients.
- When cheese is melted, soup is ready and OH, MY GOSH! Enjoy!