Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A hearty delicious soup.
Make and share this Cheeseburger Soup recipe from Food.com.
- In soup pot, cook and break up ground beef.
- Add onion,basil and beef broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and green pepper.
- Cover and simmer 12 minutes.
- Bring back to a boil.
- In saucepan, melt butter and stir in flour.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Add to soup, stirring.
- Reduce heat to low again and add cheese, cream and pepper.
- Stir until cheese melts.
I am delighted to be able to add this wonderful soup to my collection of soup recipes. In the fall and winter, I make soup about once a week. A bowl of soup, along with fresh fruit or a crisp salad is our usual lunch in our retirement years. The only change I made was using a large can of condensed milk instead of the cream, for that is what I had on hand. Thanks, Inez, for a "keeper."
Very good! I've been looking for some *warm comfort food* recipes lately and this one is just perfect! Thanks!
Love this recipe! Will be a keeper for fall/winter months! Family loved it. I did add the can of diced tomatoes with juice, also celery, But otherwise kept it the same. Delish!