1/2 Photos of Cheeseburger Soup
This is a great comfort soup that is a meal in itself. Even the kids will like it, just tell them the name of it. I like to serve it with some crusty bread and real butter. I found this in Taste of Home magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 3/4 cup onion (chopped)
- 3/4 cup carrot (shredded)
- 3/4 cup celery (diced)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese (cubed)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1In a 3-qt. saucepan, brown beef; drain and set aside.
- 2In same saucepan saute onion, carrots, celery, basil and parsley in 1 tbsp butter until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- 3Add broth, potatoes and beef; bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 5Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt remaining butter.
- 6Add flour; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly.
- 7Add to soup; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 8Reduce heat to low. Add cheese, milk, salt and pepper; cook and stir until cheese melts.
- 9Remove from heat; blend in sour cream.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheeseburger Soup
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.4
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 67.0 mg
- Sodium 1036.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 15.7 g