Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe came from a friend and I'm not much for hamburger in my soup, but boy is it tasty! I think it would be even better with Italien Sausage. Give it a try!
- Brown beef, drain, remove from pan & set aside.
- Chop onion, shred carrots, and dice celery & potatoes.
- Saute onions, carrots, celery, basil, & parsley in 1 tablespoons butter.
- Add broth, potatoes, & beef. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover & simmer for 10-15 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- In small pan melt remaining butter. Add flour, cook & stir for 3-5 minute until bubbly.
- Add to soup & bring to a boil. Cook & stir for 2 minute.
- Reduce heat to low, add cheese, milk, salt, & pepper. Cook & stir until cheese melts.