Sue Love to Cook's Note:
This recipe came from a friend and I'm not much for hamburger in my soup, but boy is it tasty! I think it would be even better with Italien Sausage. Give it a try!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown beef, drain, remove from pan & set aside.
- 2Chop onion, shred carrots, and dice celery & potatoes.
- 3Saute onions, carrots, celery, basil, & parsley in 1 tablespoons butter.
- 4Add broth, potatoes, & beef. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover & simmer for 10-15 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- 5In small pan melt remaining butter. Add flour, cook & stir for 3-5 minute until bubbly.
- 6Add to soup & bring to a boil. Cook & stir for 2 minute.
- 7Reduce heat to low, add cheese, milk, salt, & pepper. Cook & stir until cheese melts.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheeseburger Soup
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 498.9
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 100.4 mg
- Sodium 1575.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 30.1 g