Recipe by Sue Love to Cook
This recipe came from a friend and I'm not much for hamburger in my soup, but boy is it tasty! I think it would be even better with Italien Sausage. Give it a try!
Top Review by cookin mimi
I made this soup for the soup and salad course for a progressive dinner for about 25 teenagers and their chaperones and it was a hit with everyone!! I doubled it of course. Thanks so much for sharing this keeper recipe!! I will make it again.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 3⁄4 cup onion
- 3⁄4 cup carrot
- 3⁄4 cup celery
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup cheese spread
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef, drain, remove from pan & set aside.
- Chop onion, shred carrots, and dice celery & potatoes.
- Saute onions, carrots, celery, basil, & parsley in 1 tablespoons butter.
- Add broth, potatoes, & beef. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover & simmer for 10-15 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- In small pan melt remaining butter. Add flour, cook & stir for 3-5 minute until bubbly.
- Add to soup & bring to a boil. Cook & stir for 2 minute.
- Reduce heat to low, add cheese, milk, salt, & pepper. Cook & stir until cheese melts.