Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Great crowd pleaser.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheese spread, diced (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 sandwich buns, split
- In large skillet, cook ground beef and garlic-pepper blend until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
- In 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker, combine cooked ground beef and all remaining ingredients except buns; mix well.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 6 to 7 hours. Spoon beef mixture into buns.
- Note: This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer’s directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature.