Recipe by *Parsley*
Great for picnics/potlucks/kid's parties, etc. Stays hot in the crockpot.
Top Review by bmcnichol
I am always looking for new crockpot recipes to take to the race track. I thought this sounded interesting. I didn't add the green pepper as we don't add that to cheeseburgers. I also doubled the ketchup, mustard and dill relish as others suggested. I followed the rest of the recipe as written. I cooked it all on the stove and then put it in the crockpot for two hours. We enjoyed them.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 -3 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 12 ounces American cheese (cut up or shredded)
- 3 -4 tablespoons milk
- salt, if needed to taste
- hamburger buns or kaiser roll
- lettuce leaf (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, brown/crumble ground beef with the green pepper, onion and garlic until meat is no longer pink. Drain.
- Place cooked drained beef mixture into Crockpot. Add all addiotional ingredients (EXCEPT buns and lettuce).
- Cover and cook on low for at least six hours, stirring once halfway through.
- Stir again just before serving.
- Serve by spooning onto buns/rolls with optional lettuce leaves.
- If mixture gets too dry while being kept warm, add more ketchup or milk.