Recipe by JillAZ
Basic recipe is from the "Dining on a Dime" cookbook. Additions are mine.
Top Review by ktenille
We love these at our house! I modified the recipe a little because the first time I made them I felt like there was a little too much bread so now I just flatten out a single thawed out frozen dinner roll and fill that with the meat and pinch it shut. But they are definitely an over and over again meal.
- 1⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- bread dough, prepared (I use Ninety Minute Rolls)
- crumbled cooked bacon (optional)
- barbecue sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Make one batch of 90 minute roll dough. Roll into 12 3" circles.
- In a saucepan, brown ground beef.
- Add seasonings and stir.
- Place 1 T of beef in center of 1 circle of dough. Add 1 T. cheese.
- Place second circle of dough on top and press to seal edges.
- Place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- To prepare for oamc: Allow to cool completely. Wrap individually in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag. Seal, label the bag and freeze.
- To reheat: Allow to thaw in fridge if time. Microwave for about 45 seconds to 1 minute or until hot. For a crisper crust, reheat in the oven at 350 for about 10 minutes.