Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Basic recipe is from the "Dining on a Dime" cookbook. Additions are mine.
Make and share this Cheeseburger Rolls - OAMC recipe from Food.com.
- Make one batch of 90 minute roll dough. Roll into 12 3" circles.
- In a saucepan, brown ground beef.
- Add seasonings and stir.
- Place 1 T of beef in center of 1 circle of dough. Add 1 T. cheese.
- Place second circle of dough on top and press to seal edges.
- Place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- To prepare for oamc: Allow to cool completely. Wrap individually in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag. Seal, label the bag and freeze.
- To reheat: Allow to thaw in fridge if time. Microwave for about 45 seconds to 1 minute or until hot. For a crisper crust, reheat in the oven at 350 for about 10 minutes.
We love these at our house! I modified the recipe a little because the first time I made them I felt like there was a little too much bread so now I just flatten out a single thawed out frozen dinner roll and fill that with the meat and pinch it shut. But they are definitely an over and over again meal.
thanks for the recipe. these were real easy to make. i added the bbq sauce and they ended up tasting more like sloppy joes than cheeseburgers. i took the suggestion of using frozen roll dough, didn't roll them, but used my damp hands to flatten them to the correct shape, i also sealed them with a fork. I pressed the meat firmly, which helped pack them since the first couple i made were more dough than filling. they never made it to the freezer, so i will have to make more next time. thanks again
These are great! I make a huge batch of them for my husbands lunch. The only change I would make is to let the beef cool before putting it on the dough. I find it makes the dough easier to close. I also use fresh onion and garlic instead of powder.