Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cheeseburger Rice - Yummy! Great side-dish. Made this by just adding things together. Brought it to work for a party & everyone loved it! My girlfriend now makes this as a side dish once a week by demand of her children... I'm sure there are many other things you can either add or omit to suit your taste.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic (refrigerated chopped garlic)
- 1⁄3 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 dash olive oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 cups MINUTE White Rice, uncooked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Chop onion finely and add to small microwave-safe bowl coated with the olive oil & microwave high for 1 minute until translucent.
- Brown meat in large skillet on medium-high heat with the garlic; drain.
- Add water, onion, ketchup and mustard. Heat to a boil.
- Stir in rice. Sprinkle with cheese; cover. Cook on low heat 5 minutes.
It did taste kind of like cheeseburger but it didn't appeal to me. I wouldn't make it again.
Well, yes, it did taste like a cheeseburger, absolutely. So 5 stars for that, and for the ease of making. 5 stars for the way everyone ate it with "ooh this does taste like a cheeseburger" comments. 5 stars for the leftovers which were great in the sandwich maker. If you are looking for a cheeseburger-ish easy rice based dish (by the way I used normal basmati rice and it was great) then stop looking, you've found it.
DH really raved about this! I liked it because it was simple and used ingredients I usually have on hand. Thanks!