Recipe by flower7
All of the other recipes here for Cheeseburger Quiche were low-carb, crustless versions, which was not what I was after, since I had a pie crust to use. After some googling, I found a few recipes which I combined to make this one. Serve with your favorite burger toppings if desired!
Top Review by JenJoh4
I have made this quiche two different times and it is very easy. Make sure you use sharp cheddar cheese because it really improves the taste. The second time I made it, I used medium cheddar and it was not as delicious as the first time.
- 1 deep dish pie shell (9 inch)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet, brown ground beef and onion; drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, then whisk in the mayo, milk, flour, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Stir in beef mixture and 1 cup cheese.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until eggs are firm. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Allow to stand for 5 minutes before cutting.