Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an adaptation of another recipe. Since my kids even enjoyed it I decided to post it.
Make and share this Cheeseburger Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Campbell's nacho cheese soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Campbell's cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 small beef bouillon
- 2 (15 ounce) cansdiced potatoes, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Season-All salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Brown the beef in a large pot then drain any excess grease.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients then simmer over medium-low heat for 20 minutes. (Stir occasionally while cooking).
- Serve hot.
I diced potatoes instead of using the can, added extra cheese, left out the sour cream just so the texture didn't change, and adjusted the seasoning a little, but otherwise cooked as listed. It was great! Kids even loved this - went great with Hawaiian bread. Only change next time will be to cook the diced potatoes a little beforehand to make them a little softer. Otherwise - love it! Thanks!
This soup is so good! I've made is so many times and my family loves it. I guess I use this recipe as a guide and have made it with and without some of the ingredients and each time it is great. I like using the canned potatoes bc it tastes just as good without boiling your own and is way quicker. I do prefer to add the shredded cheese to the top of my bowl of soup instead of putting it in the pot . I use a larger can of evaporated milk I think it might be 10 oz? and a full 1lb of ground beef and 3 cans of the potatoes. And the last 2 times I didnt have any sour cream and it was still very good! :)Enjoy!
We really enjoyed the flavor and ease of this soup. The one thing that bothered me was the texture. Something (sour cream? , evap. milk?) curdled during the simmering period and changed it all before serving time. I will make this again, but will add the sour cream after simmering, allow it to heat and then serve immediately. I too used fresh potatoes that I boiled and fat free evaporated milk. Thanks Nasseh!