Quick as a wink to make. You can vary the cheese to suit your taste and use fresh potatoes instead of hashbrowns if you prefer.
- In a skillet, brown beef until almost done.
- Stir in the onions and cook till onions are soft and meat is no longer pink. Drain off any remaining fat.
- In a soup pan over medium heat, combine milk & cheese, cooking until just beginning to boil, stirring often.
- Add beef, onion and potatoes to cheese sauce.
- Lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Season with pepper.