Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick as a wink to make. You can vary the cheese to suit your taste and use fresh potatoes instead of hashbrowns if you prefer.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups grated American cheese (or cheddar if you prefer)
- 1 cup O'Brien potatoes (the cubed kind, not shredded)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a skillet, brown beef until almost done.
- Stir in the onions and cook till onions are soft and meat is no longer pink. Drain off any remaining fat.
- In a soup pan over medium heat, combine milk & cheese, cooking until just beginning to boil, stirring often.
- Add beef, onion and potatoes to cheese sauce.
- Lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Season with pepper.
This was a really good soup! I love how fast it cooked up. I didn't have the Cubed potatoes so I did use the shredded ones, and really liked it. I am thinking about next time adding some corn and tomatoes. :) Thank you so much for sharing!
Wow, this is so easy to make. I didn't expect it to taste as good as it does. It is delicious. It's such a great comforting soup to make on a cold day. I will definitely be making this one again and again.
Tastes like you're eating a cheesebuger.....but with a spoon! This soup is a great kid-pleaser and it's so quick to make. I added a bit more potatoes, just because I wanted to finish the bag. I'd love to make this again and add a can of diced tomatoes. Tomatoes are great on cheeseburgers, right? Thanx for sharing this simple delicious soup.