Recipe by Brandess
This was a real hit while I was on vacation looking for a hearty one pot wonder to satisfy several different age groups. I made one as directed below and another with blue cheese and cheddar. Even the kids loved the addition of the blue cheese. From Pillsbury.com: Who wants a bun when you can have a cheeseburger baked in a flaky pie crust?
Top Review by kimmaboo
this was super yummy my kids loved it i did add bbq sauce my hunny isnt a fan of ketchup and i also put mustard and garlic and onion salt into it next time ill make a bigger batch and add french fries
- 1 1⁄2 lbs 80% lean ground beef (at least 80%)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped (1/2 medium)
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons pickles, chopped if desired
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box (Pillsbury from 15-oz box)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450°F In 10-inch skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onion; cook 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender. Stir in ketchup, pickle and pepper. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Spoon mixture into ungreased 9-inch pie pan. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Remove pie crust from pouch; place flat over hot beef mixture. Seal and flute edge; cut slits in several places in crust.
- Bake 13 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. After 8 to 10 minutes of baking, cover crust edge with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.