Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Comes from Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook. Try making these also by adding your favorite condiments (ketchup, mayo, mustard, pickles, etc.) before sealing the dough.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 10 refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 5 slices process American cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion, salt and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and cool.
- Place two biscuits overlapping on a floured surface; roll out into a 5" oval. Place 3 tablespoons meat mixture on one side.
- Fold a cheese slice to fit over meat mixture. Fold dough over filling; press edges with a fork to seal. Repeat with remaining biscuits, meat mixture and cheese.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Prick tops with a fork. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
This recipe I have made for over 40 years it has now been passed down to my sons and there wifes and now there children..its great