Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my favorite of all the Po'boys. There's a place in town called Glynns and they make the best.
- 1 lb hamburger meat
- 8 slices American cheese
- lettuce, sliced
- tomatoes, sliced
- onion, sliced
- pickle, slices
- 1 loaf thick and crusty fresh bread
- Pat your hamburger meat out into really thin oblong patties; fry until done.
- Cut open French bread; add your meat (you may need two pieces to span the size of your loaf.
- On bottom bread, add meat and 2 slices of cheese, pickles and onion.
- On top side, spread mayo; add lettuce and tomato, add ketchup.
- Close together and smear top of bread with butter.
- Place on a sandwich; grill and grill until cheese melts. If you don't have a sandwich grill, heat a cast iron skillet to very hot and place on top of sandwich until cheese melts.
my mom loved this ive been pulling out my hair trying different things simple is better sometimes lol dee