Recipe by Boomette
From Taste of Home. I found some great pitas and I'm looking at different recipes to try and posting here for safekeeping.
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
I have to laugh as dummy me bought pocketless pita's so I made mine as a pizza style dish. The flavor was delicious and we will be making it again! Thanks for posting such a quick & easy meal. Made for Photo tag 2012.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup long grain rice, cooked
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 pita breads, halved (6 inches)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the rice, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in cheese; cover and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Spoon 1/2 cup into each pita half.