Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Kids love these! You can also sprinkle cooked bacon over these before folding and baking for Bacon Cheeseburger Pies.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs 90% lean ground beef
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 egg, beaten and divided
- 1 (12 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- sesame seeds
- Brown ground beef until no longer pink, add soup, cheese and onion and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add 1/2 of beaten egg and cook another minute. Cool.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll out each biscuit to 4 inch diameter. Fill each biscuit with 1 1/2 tbsp of meat mixture.
- Fold over and crimp well. Do not over fill the biscuit; they will not run all over the place, they will just open up which does not effect there taste or presentation.
- Use remainder of egg as an egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds. This step is optional, but we like it.
- Bake for 14 minutes until brown. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
We liked these. They were very similar to Hot Pockets. I think next time I would add some garlic and pepper because both my husband and I found them a little bland. My 4 year old son liked them, of course he likes anything he can dip in ketchup. The other issue I had was that after I had filled the biscuits to the max I still had a lot of the beef mixture left over, so if I ever make these again I would either cut the recipe in half or use two cans of biscuits. Overall it was a quick and easy recipe that I will probably try again with a few variations. Thanks for posting.