Recipe by MacChef
Kids love these! You can also sprinkle cooked bacon over these before folding and baking for Bacon Cheeseburger Pies.
Top Review by Go Gators
We liked these. They were very similar to Hot Pockets. I think next time I would add some garlic and pepper because both my husband and I found them a little bland. My 4 year old son liked them, of course he likes anything he can dip in ketchup. The other issue I had was that after I had filled the biscuits to the max I still had a lot of the beef mixture left over, so if I ever make these again I would either cut the recipe in half or use two cans of biscuits. Overall it was a quick and easy recipe that I will probably try again with a few variations. Thanks for posting.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs 90% lean ground beef
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 egg, beaten and divided
- 1 (12 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef until no longer pink, add soup, cheese and onion and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add 1/2 of beaten egg and cook another minute. Cool.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll out each biscuit to 4 inch diameter. Fill each biscuit with 1 1/2 tbsp of meat mixture.
- Fold over and crimp well. Do not over fill the biscuit; they will not run all over the place, they will just open up which does not effect there taste or presentation.
- Use remainder of egg as an egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds. This step is optional, but we like it.
- Bake for 14 minutes until brown. Cool 5 minutes before serving.