Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Great pie, even without the crust! Plenty of protein, pairs nicely with anything leafy and green.
- 1 lb 98% lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 (6 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded low-fat monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Combine the ground beef, milk, egg, garlic and seasoning in a bowl; blend well. Press the beef mixture evenly on the bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-inch pie plate. Layer with the ketchup, chopped onion, olives, and cheese. Bake in a preheated 400° oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Sprinkle with the parsley and cut into wedges. Serve cheeseburger pie hot.