DS and I saw this made on one of Paula Deen's shows. DS wanted to try it so we did. It was lots of fun and pretty tasty. I have changed it slightly since as written didn't work for us. (I can't divide puff pastry into 5 neat squares!) This recipe could easily be adapted to suit many tastes - add your own condiments or change it up entirely! We added caramelized onions. Times do not include puff pastry thaw time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Let frozen puff pastry sit at room temperature for approximately 20 minutes to thaw enough to easily work with it.
- 2Preheat oven to 375°F and preheat grill or stovetop pan.
- 3Mix ground beef, steak seasoning and steak seasoning sauce (use your hands, if necessary).
- 4Form meat mixture into 4 smallish flat patties.
- 5On grill (or stove-top), cook hamburgers to medium or medium-well.
- 6Remove the burgers and top each with a slice of cheese.
- 7Roll out the puff pastry, flattening slightly, and cut into 4 squares.
- 8Cover each burger with a piece of puff pastry, flipping it over and wrapping around the bottom and pinching to seal the edges.
- 9Place pies on ungreased baking sheet, pinched side down.
- 10Whisk egg yolk and 1 tsp water.
- 11Brush each pie with egg wash.
- 12Bake for 15 minutes or until pie is golden brown.
- 13Serve with condiments of your choosing.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheeseburger Pie (Jamie Deen)
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 746.3
- Calories from Fat 447
- Total Fat 49.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 151.5 mg
- Sodium 779.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 39.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: