Top Review by Kiss*My*Tiara
This was OK. The Bisquick topping was a little dry and hard. This would be much better with store bought biscuits from a pop can I'm sure. I may try it again that way. This was also too much work for a so-so recipe.
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄4 cup milk or 1⁄4 cup light cream
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Chopped, 1 md
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tomatoes, Sliced, Md
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, Shredded,4oz
- 2 tablespoons Bisquick baking mix
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix the 1 cup of the biscuit baking mix and the milk until a soft dough forms.
- Gently smooth the dough into a ball on a floured cloth-covered surface after kneading the ball 5 times to mix.
- Roll out the dough until it is 2 inches larger than an inverted 9-inch pie pan.
- Ease into the pan and flute the edges.
- Set aside.
- Cook and stir the meat and onion in a large skillet until the meat is brown.
- Drain off the excess fat.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, 2 Tb of the baking mix, and the worcestershire sauce.
- Turn the meat filling into the pastry lined pie pan.
- Arrange the tomato slices on the meat mixture.
- Beat the eggs slightly and stir in the cheese.
- Spoon onto the tomatoes spreading the mixture to cover the top completely.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve with chili sauce, if desired.