Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is Yummylicious
Make and share this Cheeseburger Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 (6 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Combine the ground beef, milk, egg, garlic and seasoning in a bowl; blend well.
- Press the beef mixture evenly on the bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-inch pie plate.
- Layer with the ketchup, chopped onion, olives, and cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 400° oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the parsley and cut into wedges.
- Serve cheeseburger pie hot.
My mom used to make something like this when I was little - but she's misplaced the recipe so I haven't had it in years. I was hoping this was it but it's not - still good, though. You really need to make sure you use a lean ground beef as there's a lot of fat that cooks out. This is basically meatloaf in a different shape, which makes it quicker. We enjoyed this and although I think I would rather use my own meatloaf recipe, the concept is nice for when I don't have an hour and a half to wait for meatloaf to bake. Made for PAC Spring '11.
My Husband and I thought this recipe tasted good, but we had a bit of trouble baking it. I baked it for 45 minutes and the meat was still pink in the middle. I ended up baking it for over an hour. Other than that the flavor was very good and the cheese was crusty.
I tried this recipe last night and found it is lacking in instructions and taste. The instructions do not say to put it into a pie shell,but the photo shows it to have a crust so I did. The photo does not say to cook the meat first, so I did not and the fat from the meat filled the crust to over flowing. The final product tasted like a bland meatloaf in a pie crust.